DEPARTMENT 213 -
CLASS C - HORNED/POLLED HEREFORD
AHA REGIONAL POINT SHOW
NO ANIMALS WILL BE ADMITTED TO THE
WITHOUT HEALTH PAPERS
ENTRY DEADLINE - AUGUST 5
Entry & Exhibitor Ticket Fees must accompany the
Judging, Tuesday, August 21,
Premium Offered Appalachian Fair $5297.00
A SUPREME CHAMPION FEMALE AND SUPREME
CHAMPIONBULL will be chosen at the conclusion of
the show and banners awarded. All breed
champions females and bulls competing
Cattle will be admitted
after 12 Noon on Saturday, August 18th, and must
be in place by 12 Noon, Monday, August 20th.
Livestock must be washed
only in the designated wash area.
JACKPOT ADULT SHOWMANSHIP CONTEST
7:00 p.m. Monday, August 20th
Open to adults not eligible
for Jr. Show competition.
Entry fee - $10 accepted at time of check in.
Jackpot money goes to the winner! See rules pg.
1. Application for entry must be made to the
Fair Office on regulation entry blanks furnished
by the Appalachian Fair. Application for
reservations will be accepted through August 5.
2. Fees: All entries are $7 per head. If space
is available, additional tie space can be
purchased at $7 per space. All exhibitors and
herdsmen must purchase exhibitor's tickets.
These tickets are limited to one exhibitor's
ticket per exhibitor, except exhibitor may
purchase one ticket for each three additional
head of cattle entered. These exhibitor tickets
are $8 each. If more than the allotted amount of
tickets are needed, three day season passes are
available at a charge of $18 each. Fees may be
paid by check, cash or credit card and must
accompany entry form. Checks should be made out
to the Appalachian Fair. Only one vehicle pass
per trailer. Exhibitor must park vehicles in
designated area across from Gate 3. Fees are
3. Same lot substitutions will be accepted for
an additional entry fee at time of check in.
4. Animals must be owned by exhibitors and
evidence of registration presented.
5. Space will not be provided for nurse cows.
6. Tie out time will be 9:00 p.m.
7. If possible, premium checks will be handed
out on Wednesday evening. Otherwise, checks will
8. Any livestock breed falling below 15 head
with 3 exhibitors over a three year period of
time will be put on probation and the show
evaluated by the livestock superintendent and
9. Exhibitors in Hereford classes are subject to
the association's special rule on class
qualification, and any animal without a legible
tattoo will not be eligible for show. All
Hereford animals must be officially recorded at
show time to be eligible to show. Entries with
registrations "Pending" or "Applied for" will be
ineligible to show.
10. All other rules of this show apply.
Exhibitors must comply with Rules and
Regulations of the Tennessee Department of
Agriculture and to our General Rules.
EXHIBITORS MUST PROVIDE THEIR OWN
Exhibitors may remove their cattle between 9:00
p.m. and 12:00 midnight Wednesday.
We have available for livestock exhibitors
wishing to use mobile homes or trailers, a
limited number of sewer taps with water and
electricity are available at the rear of the
Museum Building. Rental fee for three days
will be $25, six days will be $40. Reservations
and payment must be received in Fair Office, on
or before, August 22nd. If space available,
reservations will be accepted through August
Rules and Classifications:
Exhibitors in Hereford classes are
subject to the association's special rule on
class qualification, and any animal without a
legible tattoo will not be eligible for show.
All Hereford animals must be officially recorded
at show time to be eligible to show. Entries
with registrations "Pending" or Applied for"
will be ineligible to show.
1. Spring Heifer calves calved after March 1,
2. Junior Heifer calves calved Jan. 1, & Feb.
29, 2012 (A)
3. Champion Junior Heifer Calf ROSETTE
4. Reserve Junior Heifer Calf ROSETTE
5. Winter Heifer calves calved Nov. 1 & Dec. 31,
6. Senior Heifer calves calved Sept. 1 & Oct.
31, 2011 (A)
7. Champion Fall Heifer Calf ROSETTE
8. Reserve Champion Fall Heifer Calf ROSETTE
9. Late Summer Yearling Heifers calved July 1
and Aug. 31, 2011 (A)
10. Early Summer Yearling Heifers calved May 1
through June 30, 2011 (A)
Champion Heifer ROSETTE
Intermediate Champion Heifer Calf ROSETTE
Spring Yearling heifers calved between March 1 &
April 30, 2011 (A)
Spring Yearling Heifer ROSETTE
Champion Spring Yearling Heifer ROSETTE
16. Junior Yearling Heifers calved between Jan.
1 & Feb. 28, 2011 (A)
17. Champion Junior
Yearling Heifer ROSETTE
18. Reserve Champion
Junior Yearling Heifer ROSETTE
19. Senior Yearling Heifers calved between Sept.
1, & Dec. 31, 2010 (A)
20. Champion Senior Heifer ROSETTE
21. Reserve Champion Senior Heifer ROSETTE
22. Grand Champion Female BANNER
23. Reserve Grand Champion Female ROSETTE
24. Cow/Calf (Any female older than the above
ages with a calf at side.) Calf older
days of age on the show date is not eligible to
show in cow/calf class. (A)
COW/CALF DOES NOT COMPETE FOR OVERALL
Calf is eligible for individual classes
but must be entered in the appropriate class
25. Cow/Calf Champion ROSETTE
26. Reserve Cow/Calf Champion ROSETTE
If there are more than 10 animals in a class the
AHA show committee recommends that the class be
27. Spring Bull calves calved after March 1,
28. Junior Bull calves, calved between Jan. 1, &
Feb. 29, 2012 (A)
29. Champion Junior Bull Calf ROSETTE
30. Reserve Champion Junior Bull Calf ROSETTE
31. Winter Bull calves calved between Nov. 1 &
Dec. 31, 2011 (A)
32. Senior Bull calves calved between Sept 1 &
Oct 31, 2011 (A)
33. Champion Fall Bull Calf ROSETTE
34. Reserve Champion Fall Bull Calf ROSETTE
35. Summer Yearling Bulls calved between May 1 &
Aug. 31,2011 (A)
36. Spring Yearling Bulls calved between March 1
& April 30, 2011 (A)
37. Junior Yearling Bulls calved Jan. 1 & Feb.
28, 2010 (A)
38. Champion Yearling Bull ROSETTE
39. Reserve Champion Yearling Bull ROSETTE
40. Senior Yearling Bulls calved between Sept 1
& December 31, 2010 (A)
41. Two-Year-Old Bulls calved between Jan. 1 &
Aug. 31, 2010 (A)
42. Champion Senior Bull ROSETTE
43. Reserve Champion Senior Bull ROSETTE
44. Grand Champion Bull BANNER
(selected from the Calf, Yearling and Senior
45. Reserve Grand Champion Bull ROSETTE
(from the remaining Calf, Yearling or Senior
Champions plus the bull that
stood reserve to the Grand Champion)
46. Get-of-Sire (B)
(four animals shown in above single entry classes
with both sexes represented
and all to be the progeny of one sire. It
is permissible to use either the cow or
calf from a cow/calf pair for the Get of
Sire. Get of Sire may be comprised of
animals from one or more owners.
47. Calf Get-of-sire: Three calves -(senior,
winter or junior) - by one sire, both sexes
to be represented. All animals to be shown
in individual classes to be eligible (B)
48. BEST SIX HEAD: OWNED BY THE EXHIBITOR (all
animals must have been
shown in their respective
single entry classes and they must be owned by
exhibitor or by a member of his/her
immediate family. A cow/calf will be
as two head in the Best Six Head Class. (B)
49. PREMIER EXHIBITOR BANNER
50. PREMIER BREEDER BANNER
Premier Exhibitor & Premier Breeder awarded with
the following point system: 1st place - 5
points; 2nd place - 4 points; 3rd place - 3
points: 4th place - 2 points and 5th place - 1
point No points will be given for champions.
Points will be awarded for the Best Six Head for
Premier Exhibitor and Get of Sire for Premier
Breeder. The same scoring system as above will
be used for awarding points for the group
Exhibitors may remove their cattle
between 9:00 P.M. and midnight Wednesday.