DEPARTMENT 216 -
CLASS F - SIMMENTAL
NO ANIMALS WILL BE ADMITTED TO THE
WITHOUT HEALTH PAPERS
DEADLINE AUGUST 5th
Entry & Exhibitor Ticket Fees must
accompany Entry Form.
Judging, Tuesday, August 21st, 12:00 Noon
A SUPREME CHAMPION FEMALE AND SUPREME
CHAMPIONBULL will be chosen at the conclusion of
the show and BANNERS awarded. All breed
champions females and bulls competing
Total Premium Offered by Appalachian Fair $6429.00
LIVESTOCK MUST WASH IN THE DESIGNATED AREA
JACKPOT ADULT SHOWMANSHIP CONTEST
7:00 p.m. Monday, August 20th
Open to adults not eligible for Jr. Show
Entry fee - $10 accepted at time of check in.
Jackpot money goes to the winner! See rules pg.
1. Application for entry must be made to the
Fair Office on regulation entry blanks furnished
by the Appalachian Fair. Applications for
reservations will be accepted through August 5.
Cattle will be admitted after 12 Noon on
Saturday, August 18th, and must be in place by
12 noon on Monday, August 20th.
2. Fees: All entries are $7 per head. If space
is available, additional tie space can be
purchased at $7 per space.
All exhibitors and herdsmen must purchase
exhibitor's tickets. These tickets are limited
to one exhibitor's ticket per exhibitor, except
exhibitor may purchase one ticket for each three
additional head of cattle entered. These
exhibitor tickets are $8 each. If more than the
allotted amount of tickets are needed, three day
season passes will be available at a charge of
$18 each. Fees may be paid by check, cash or
credit card and must accompany entry form.
Checks should be made out to the Appalachian
Fair. Only one vehicle pass per trailer.
Exhibitor must park vehicles in designated area
across from Gate No.3. Fees are non-refundable.
3. Same lot substitutions will be accepted for
an additional entry fee at time of check in.
4. Animals must be owned by exhibitors and
evidence of registration presented.
5. Space will not be provided for nurse cows.
6. Tie out time will be 9:00 p.m.
7. If possible, premium checks will be handed
out on Wednesday evening. Otherwise, checks will
8. All animals must be registered as the
property of the exhibitor with the American
Simmental Association at least 30 days prior to
the opening date of the Fair. Entries must be
made in the owner's name that appears on the
registration certificate. Exhibitors must have
the original registration certificate or the
officially produced copy available for
inspection. All animals must be purebred
Simmental and must have a proper and legible
tattoo. Animals shown in Group classes must have
been entered and shown in individual classes.
First and second winners in Cow/Calf class are
eligible for Grand and Reserve Grand Champion.
All other rules of this show apply.
9. Any livestock breed falling below 15 head
with 3 exhibitors over a three year period of
time, will be put on probation and the show
evaluated by the livestock superintendent and
10.Exhibitors must comply with Rules and
Regulations of the Tennessee Department of
Agriculture and to our General Rules.
EXHIBITORS MUST PROVIDE THEIR OWN
LOT (PREMIUM SCALE)
1. Spring Heifer Calves after March 1, 2012 (A)
2. Junior Heifer Calves, Jan. 1 thru Feb. 29,
3. Junior Calf Champion Female ROSETTE
4. Reserve Junior Calf Champion Female ROSETTE
5. Winter Heifer Calves, Nov. 1 thru Dec. 31,
6. Senior Heifer Calves, Sept. 1 thru Oct. 31,
7. Senior Calf Champion Female ROSETTE
8. Reserve Senior Calf Champion Female ROSETTE
9. Late Summer Yearling Females, July 1 thru
Aug. 31, 2011 (A)
10.Summer Yearling Females, May 1 thru June 30,
11. Intermediate Champion Female ROSETTE
12. Reserve Intermediate Champion Female ROSETTE
13. Late Spring Yearling Females, April 1 thru
April 30, 2011 (A)
14. Early Spring Yearling Females, Mar, 1 thru
Mar. 31, 2011 (A)
15. Junior Champion Female ROSETTE
16. Reserve Junior Champion Female ROSETTE
17. Junior Yearling Females, Jan. 1 thru Feb.
28, 2011 (A)
18. Senior Yearling Females, Sept. 1 thru Dec,
31, 2010 (A)
19. Senior Champion Female ROSETTE
20. Reserve Senior Champion Female ROSETTE
21. Cow/calf, Calf must be cow's natural calf,
not embryo transplant. Calf to be
more than 250 days of age by day of show. No age
restriction on cow. Pair
is eligible for Grand or Reserve Grand Champion
Female. The calf must
have the opportunity to nurse. The judge may make his
final placing Based
on this criteria. Cow and/or Calf may be included in group class
individual, not as a pair comprising a single animal unit. (A)
22. Grand Champion Female BANNER
23. Reserve Grand Champion Female ROSETTE
24. Spring Bull Calves after March 1, 2012 (A)
25. Junior Bull Calves, Jan. 1 thru Feb. 29,
26. Junior Calf Champion Bull ROSETTE
27. Reserve Junior Calf Champion Bull ROSETTE
28. Winter Bull Calves, Nov. 1 thru Dec. 31,
29. Senior Bull Calves, Sept. 1 thru Oct. 31,
30. Senior Calf Champion Bull ROSETTE
31. Reserve Senior Calf Champion Bull ROSETTE
32. Late Summer Yearling Bulls, July 1 thru Aug.
31, 2011 (A)
33. Summer Yearling Bulls, May 1 thru June 30,
34. Intermediate Champion Bull ROSETTE
35. Reserve Intermediate Champion Bull ROSETTE
36. Spring Yearling Bulls, Mar. 1 thru April 30,
37. Junior Yearling Bulls, Jan.1 thru Feb. 28,
38. Junior Champion Bull ROSETTE
39. Reserve Junior Champion Bull ROSETTE
40. Senior Yearling Bulls, Sept. 1 thru Dec. 31,
41. Summer Senior Yearling Bulls, May 1 thru
Aug. 31, 2010 (A)
42. Two Year Old Bulls, Jan. 1 thru April 30,
43. Senior Champion Bull ROSETTE
44. Reserve Senior Champion Bull ROSETTE
45. Grand Champion Bull BANNER
46. Reserve Grand Champion Bull ROSETTE
47. Produce of Dam-Two animals, either sex, from
one dam to be shown in
individual classes to be eligible. May be owned
by more than one exhibitor.
48. Junior-Get-of-Sire - Three animals all by
one sire, both sexes to be
represented, may be owned by more than one exhibitor. All
animals must be
shown in their individual classes to be eligible. Bulls from
classes 24, 25, 28
or 29. Females from Classes 1, 2, 5 or 6. (B)
49. Get-of-Sire - Four animals all by one Sire,
both sexes to be represented, may
be owned by more than one exhibitor. All animals
must be shown in their
individual classes to be eligible. This get must have a
minimum of two
animals born before Sept. 1, 2007, for the Get-of-Sire Competition
50. Breeders' Herd - Four animals, either Sex,
bred and owned by exhibitor. All
animals must be shown in their individual classes
to be eligible. (B)
51. Group of Five Head - Five animals of Either
sex owned by the exhibitor from
either the Calf, Junior, Senior classes or a
combination of both. (B)
52. Premier Exhibitor - Computed from winnings:
3 points for first prize; 2 points
for second; and 1 point for third. 3 points for
Grand Champion; 2 points for
Reserve Grand champions. No points for divisional
champions and reserve
champions unless in case of a tie. No points
given for group and sale animal
Exhibitors may remove their cattle between 9:00
p.m. and 12:00 midnight Wednesday.