OPEN SHEEP SHOW
DEPARTMENT 261 -
CLASS A - SOUTHDOWNS
DEPARTMENT 262 - CLASS B - OXFORDS
DEPARTMENT 263 - CLASS C - POLLED DORSETS
DEPARTMENT 264 - CLASS D - HAMPSHIRES
DEPARTMENT 265 - CLASS E - SUFFOLKS
DEPARTMENT 266 - CLASS F - NATURAL COLOR
DEPARTMENT 267 - CLASS G - HORNED DORSET
DEPARTMENT 268 - CLASS H - TUNIS
DEPARTMENT 269 - CLASS I - SHROPSHIRE
DEPARTMENT 270 - CLASS J - ANY OTHER BREED WOOL
DEPARTMENT 271 - CLASS K - ANY OTHER BREED MEAT
DEPARTMENT 272 - CLASS L - BORDER LEICESTER
DEPARTMENT 273 - CLASS M - KATAHDIN
DEPARTMENT 274 - CLASS N - OTHER HAIR SHEEP
A Supreme Champion Ewe and Supreme Champion Ram
will be chosen and Banners Awarded at the
conclusion of the show. All Breed
Champions, Ewes and Rams, Competing.
ENTRY DEADLINE AUGUST 5
Entry and Exhibitor Fees must accompany Entry
SHOW ORDER WILL BE POSTED AT THE
SHEEP SHOW ARENA ON THURSDAY
NO ANIMALS WILL BE ADMITTED TO THE
WITHOUT HEALTH PAPERS
Mail all entry forms by August 5 to
P.O. Box 8218
Gray, TN 37615
Or Fax to 423-477-3853
(If faxing, entry fees must be paid with a
VISA, MasterCard or Discover)
Premium offered each breed· $1,194.00
JUDGING: FRIDAY, AUGUST 24TH.
WILL FOLLOW ADULT SHOWMANSHIP
Livestock must be washed in the
designated wash area,
JACKPOT ADULT SHOWMANSHIP CONTEST
8:00 a.m., Friday, August 24th
Open to adults not eligible for Jr. Show
Entry fee - $10 accepted at time of check in.
Jackpot money goes to the winner! See rules pg.
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Application for entry must be made on
regulation entry blanks furnished by the
Appalachian Fair. The completed forms are to be
returned either by mail or Fax to the above
address by Aug. 5
2. Animals will be admitted Thursday, Aug. 23rd
until 2:00 p.m. or after 10:00 p.m. Thursday.
Sheep must be checked in by 7:00 a.m., Friday,
August 24th. Animals showing only in the Open
Show will be released Friday after 9:30 p.m.
3. All animals entered must be purebred and must
be registered in the name of the exhibitor, or
transferred to the exhibitor by August 1st.
Registration certificate or transfer
certificate, properly executed, must be
presented to the chairperson of the show when
sheep arrive at the fairgrounds.
4. Exhibitors are allowed no more than two
entries in anyone lot.
5. Entry fees are $2.00 per head. Exhibitor
tickets are $8.00 each. All exhibitors must
purchase exhibitor's tickets. These tickets are
limited to one exhibitor's ticket per exhibitor,
except exhibitor may purchase one exhibitor's
ticket for each three additional head of sheep
Sheep will be admitted at Gate 3 without an
exhibitor's ticket until 2:00 p.m. Friday. After
2:00 p.m. all exhibitors must have an
exhibitor's ticket and a vehicle pass. Fees may
be paid by check, cash or credit card (VISA,
MasterCard or Discover) and must accompany the
6. Exception to age classifications listed under
the number may be made when an exhibitor wishes
to enter a younger animal in an older age
classification. In no case may an older animal
be entered in a younger classification than its
birth date would permit.
7. Same lot substitutions will be accepted for
an additional entry fee at time of check in.
8. Feed and bedding must be furnished by the
exhibitors and the animals kept in the place
9. Any breed must show 15 animals by three (3)
exhibitors to be considered for their own class.
Any breed dropping below 15 head by three
exhibitors will be placed on probation and
evaluated by the committee.
10. Regulations of the Tennessee Department of
Agriculture and to our General Rules.
||7th - 12th
LOT (PREMIUM SCALE)
1. Senior Ram Lamb - Sept. 1 - Dec. 31, 2011 (A)
2. Early Junior Ram Lambs - Jan. 1, 2012 - Feb.
14, 2012 (A)
3. Late Junior Ram Lambs - Feb. 15, 2012 and
4. Pair Ram Lambs (B)
5. Champion Ram (Lots 1, 2 & 3) ROSETTE
6. Reserve Champion Ram ROSETTE
*7. Senior Yearling Ewes - Sept 1, 2009 - Feb.
14, 2011 (A)
*8. Junior Yearling Ewes - Feb. 15 - Aug.
9. Pair Yearling Ewes (B)
10. Senior Ewe Lambs - Sept. 1 - Dec. 31,
11. Senior Champion Ewe (Lots 7,8 & 10) ROSETTE
12. Reserve Senior Champion ROSETTE
13. Early Junior Ewe Lambs - Jan. 1 - Jan.
31, 2012 (A)
14. Intermediate Junior Ewe Lambs - Feb. 1 - Feb
29, 2012 (A)
15. Late Junior Ewe Lambs - March 1, 2012 and
16. Pair Ewe Lambs (B)
17. Junior Champion Ewe (Lots 13, 14 & 15)
18. Reserve Junior Champion Ewe ROSETTE
19. Grand Champion Ewe (Lots 11 & 17) ROSETTE
20. Reserve Grand Champion Ewe ROSETTE
21. Pen of Four Lambs (both sexes represented)
22. Flock (to consist of 2 yearling ewes, 2 ewe
lambs and 1 ram) (B)
23. Premier Exhibitor BANNER
*An exhibitor may enter a total of two yearling
ewes. They may be in the same class or different