OPEN SHEEP SHOW
DEPARTMENT 261 -
CLASS A - SOUTHDOWNS
DEPARTMENT 262 - CLASS B - OXFORDS
DEPARTMENT 263 - CLASS C - POLLED DORSETS
DEPARTMENT 264 - CLASS D - HAMPSHIRES
DEPARTMENT 265 - CLASS E - SUFFOLKS
DEPARTMENT 266 - CLASS F - NATURAL COLOR
DEPARTMENT 267 - CLASS G - HORNED DORSET
DEPARTMENT 268 - CLASS H - TUNIS
DEPARTMENT 269 - CLASS I - SHROPSHIRE
DEPARTMENT 270 - CLASS J - ANY OTHER BREED WOOL
DEPARTMENT 271 - CLASS K - ANY OTHER BREED MEAT
DEPARTMENT 272 - CLASS L - KATAHDIN
A Supreme Champion Ewe and Supreme Champion Ram
chosen and a Banner Awarded at the
conclusion of the show.
Champions, Ewes and Rams, Competing.
SHOW ORDER WILL BE POSTED AT THE
SHEEP SHOW ARENA ON THURSDAY
Premiums offered each breed· $1,194.00
JUDGING: FRIDAY, AUGUST 23rd.
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. All animals entered must be purebred and must
be registered in the name of the exhibitor, or
transferred to the exhibitor by August 1st.
Registration certificate or transfer
certificate, properly executed, must be
presented to the chairperson of the show when
sheep arrive at the fairgrounds.
2. Exhibitors are allowed no more than two
entries in anyone lot.
3. Entry fees are $2.00 per head. Exhibitor
tickets are $8.00 each. All exhibitors must
purchase exhibitor's tickets. These tickets are
limited to one exhibitor's ticket per exhibitor,
except exhibitor may purchase one exhibitor's
ticket for each three additional head of sheep
Sheep will be admitted at Gate 3 until 2:00 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 22. After
2:00 p.m. all exhibitors must have an
exhibitor's ticket and a vehicle pass. Fees may
be paid by check, cash or credit card (VISA,
MasterCard or Discover) and must accompany the
4. Exception to age classifications listed under
the number may be made when an exhibitor wishes
to enter a younger animal in an older age
classification. In no case may an older animal
be entered in a younger classification than its
birth date would permit.
||7th - 12th
LOT (PREMIUM SCALE)
1. Senior Ram Lamb - Sept. 1 - Dec. 31, 2012 (A)
2. Early Junior Ram Lambs - Jan. 1, 2013 - Feb.
14, 2013 (A)
3. Late Junior Ram Lambs - Feb. 15, 2013 and
4. Pair Ram Lambs (B)
5. Champion Ram (ROSETTE)
6. Reserve Champion Ram (ROSETTE)
*7. Senior Yearling Ewes - Sept 1, 2010 - Feb.
14, 2012 (A)
*8. Junior Yearling Ewes - Feb. 15 - Aug.
9. Pair Yearling Ewes (B)
10. Senior Ewe Lambs - Sept. 1 - Dec. 31,
11. Senior Champion Ewe (ROSETTE)
12. Reserve Senior Champion (ROSETTE)
13. Early Junior Ewe Lambs - Jan. 1 - Jan.
31, 2013 (A)
14. Intermediate Junior Ewe Lambs - Feb. 1 - Feb
28, 2013 (A)
15. Late Junior Ewe Lambs - March 1, 2013 and
16. Pair Ewe Lambs (B)
17. Junior Champion Ewe
18. Reserve Junior Champion Ewe (ROSETTE)
19. Grand Champion Ewe (ROSETTE)
20. Reserve Grand Champion Ewe (ROSETTE)
21. Pen of Four Lambs (both sexes represented)
22. Flock (to consist of 2 yearling ewes, 2 ewe
lambs and 1 ram) (B)
23. Premier Exhibitor (BANNER)
*An exhibitor may enter a total of two yearling
ewes. They may be in the same class or different