DEPARTMENT 295 - JUNIOR
MARKET LAMB SHOW
WILL BE ADMITTED TO THE FAIRGROUNDS
WITHOUT HEALTH PAPERS
JUDGING: SATURDAY, AUGUST 25th
FOLLOWING THE JR. COMMERCIAL EWE SHOW
Market lambs must be on the grounds by 2:00
p.m., Friday, August 24th,
and will be weighed between 12:00 noon and 3:00
Please specify on the entry form, in the center
of the catalog, the number of lambs you will be
bringing and which breed. If you do not select
the breed of sheep on the entry form, the lamb
will automatically be entered in the Crossbred
class Lot M.
***Entries accepted on line***
Or, form may be downloaded and mailed to:
P.O. Box 8218
Gray, TN 37615 or FAX to 423-477-3853.
Deadline August 5th
Entry form in the middle of the catalog may be
Livestock must be washed in the designated wash
Premium Offered Each Breed $667.00
General Rules of the Junior Sheep Show apply.
There will be classes for the following breeds:
CLASS H - Lot 1 - Hampshire
CLASS I - Lot 1 - Suffolk
CLASS J - Lot 1 - Dorset
CLASS K - Lot 1 - Southdown
CLASS L - Lot 1 - Any Other Breed
CLASS M - Lot 1 - Cross Bred White Face
CLASS N - Lot 1 - Cross Bred Black Face (Only animals
with solid black face)
1. Lambs must be owned by the exhibitor prior to
2. An exhibitor may show no more than six (6)
lambs in this show.
3. All market lambs must have lambs teeth and
must be wether or ewe lambs.
4. Ewe lambs shown as market lambs cannot show
in the Junior Breeding Show.
5. Lambs must weigh a minimum of 75 pounds.
There is no maximum weight.
6. Lambs will be weighed and divided into
classes by weight and breed. Fifteen (15) lambs
will constitute a class. Each breed that has 1
to 15 lambs will have one class; breeds with 16
to 30 lambs will have two classes, etc.
7. There will not be a sale in connection with
8. The market lamb judge will be instructed to
place some emphasis on breed type.
9. Entry fees: All entries $1.00 per head. Fees
must accompany entry form and are
10. There will be a Champion and Reserve
Champion for each breed and an overall Grand
Champion and Reserve Grand Champion selected.
11. Premiums will be the same as the Junior
Breeding Show class premiums.